We will treat all your personal details as confidential and we will only disclose this information in the circumstances set out below. We will keep it on a secure server and we will comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the ‘Act’) in relation to the use of your personal data. When you register on this Website, or make a purchase, we will ask you to input and will collect personal details from you such as your name, email address, username, password, telephone number, billing and delivery address(es) and payment details. We may also collect, and our third-party providers may collect, information about where you are on the Internet (e.g. the URL you came from, IP address, domain and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our Website that were viewed during your visit, any advertisements you may have clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our Website. We confirm that any personal details which you provide to us (or which are available on public registers) and any user information, from which we can identify you, is held in accordance with the registration.
We use your information only for the following purposes:
- a) maintaining your registration
- b) for statistical purposes to improve this Website and its services to you
- c) to serve website content to you
- d) to Administer this Website
- e) to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you
- f) to send you information by post or email. You can contact us at any time in writing or by email and on 30 days’ notice at your request we shall stop marketing to you. We will not release your personal details to any company outside of the indiabuykart group of companies except in a limited range of circumstances which we have detailed below. If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving promotional emails or direct mail from indiabuykart, please send an email to email@example.com ‘Unsubscribe’ as the subject. Please ensure that you also include the email address that you wish to be unsubscribed (if it is not the email address that you send the email from), your full name and your full postal address.
(h) We may share your personal information with any member of the indiabuykart group of companies. We may share your information with selected third parties including (i) business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you (ii) advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others, (iii) analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site, and (iv) credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
(i) Your personal information may be passed to third parties in the following instances: (i) in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, (ii) if indiabuykart or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets, (iii) if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply these Terms and other agreements, or (iv) to protect the rights, property, or safety of indiabuykart, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- j) Your personal information may be used by Customer Care to enable us to process your order, or if any further information is required.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We take great care with respect to the storage and usage of your personal data. We have strict procedures and security in place to try to avoid any unauthorised access.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your indiabuykart account and personal information. You agree to notify us as soon as is feasible of any suspicious or fraudulent use of your indiabuykart account. We reserve the right to lock, suspend or cancel your account if we detect or believe there is or has been suspicious or fraudulent activity on your account. Where feasible, we will endeavour to inform you by email. If you are using a shared computer to access your indiabuykart account, pleae ensure that you sign out at the end of your visit.